Sunday, November 18, 2012

My Favorite Part of the Island

When I came back from Island Hopping, I needed to take a long time alone to reorganize and stop feeling crazy from being herded around in a group for a week. I hiked out to the cliffs on the west side of Puerto Baquerizo Moreno and discovered what has become my favorite place on the island.

The frigate birds were circling like crazy. One of them had stolen fish guts from a boat and the others wanted it. 



The path west of school that takes me to my favorite spot. 

After coming to the end of the dirt path, you get to the trails. 

And some parts of the trail are well marked, some other parts are mostly rock. 

And out of the trail you get to the National Park paved paths. 

This is the view of Cerro Tijeretas, which I do not go to because it is very high and not as perfect as my favorite spot. 

The first day, I came upon such forks in the path as these and made just the right decisions to get to my favorite place. 

There's the platform. 
View to the left.


View to the far right.

View to the right.

View at the bottom.

View to the right when there is sunset.

View to the far right when there is sunset.

View to the left at sunset.

The first day I found my favorite spot, I saw what could have been illegal fisherman coming back with their loot of fish. Observe the numerous frigate birds pursuing the boat for free fish. 


The first day I found the spot, I came back to school to find a mango stand set up at the front.
Since then I have returned to it several times, once alone, once with Oscar to do yoga (I have become a pseudo teacher of yoga to him, since I mentioned in passing that I do it when he was teaching us salsa and he was so excited to learn that I agreed to figure out how to translate instructions so he could learn), and another time with Savannah to do yoga. 


Savannah at Warrior 2 at sunset. 
Me at Tree at sunset.

A finch in the tree on the way back at sunset. 

Sunset on the paths back.

Savannah and I at sunset. 

The sun at sunset. 

Okay, maybe we were a little indulgent with the sunset yoga poses. But it was so nice. 
Speaking of yoga, here is a picture of a cute baby lobo who was flapping his fins while Chelsea, Savannah, and I did yoga on the beach one day. We were doing side plank and the lobo was doing the same thing, it was so great!  

Playa Mann in front of school, where lobos live and keep us entertained all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu